The Glasstone-Dolan book is considered the primary scientific reference on nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons effects. Listed below are the URLs for the third edition, published in 1977.
The files for this book were created and graciously provided by the Princeton Program on Science & Global Security.
- Chapter 1: General Principles of Nuclear Explosions
- Chapter 2: Descriptions of Nuclear Explosions
- Chapter 3: Air Blast Phenomena in Air and Surface Bursts
- Chapter 4: Air Blast Loading
- Chapter 5: Structural Damage from Air Blast
- Chapter 6: Shock Effects from Surface and Subsurface Bursts
- Chapter 7: Thermal Radiation and its Effects
- Chapter 8: Initial Nuclear Radiation
- Chapter 9: Residual Nuclear Radiation and Fallout
- Chapter 10: Radio and Radar Effects
- Chapter 11: The Electromagnetic Pulse and its Effects
- Chapter 12: Biological Effects